Inappropriate behaviour by anyone in the workplace is unacceptable and can have significant consequences for individuals.
What is Inappropriate Behaviour?
Inappropriate behaviour may include:
- workplace bullying (repeated and unreasonable behaviour directed towards a worker or a group of workers that creates a risk to health and safety)
- harassment (unwelcome behaviour that intimidates, offends or humiliates a person because of a particular personal characteristic such as age, race, gender, disability, religion or sexuality)
- impairment in the workplace by alcohol or other substances, or
- workplace violence.
What is expected of you?
It is expected that everyone in the workplace will behave in a professional manner, and treat each other with dignity and respect.
All MOP(S) Act employees have a role to play in eliminating inappropriate behaviour by:
- refusing to participate in this behaviour
- reporting any experiences of the behaviour
- supporting colleagues in saying no to this behaviour.
All reports of inappropriate behaviour will be treated seriously and investigated in a prompt, confidential and impartial manner. People who report inappropriate behaviour should not be victimised.
If you have concerns about workplace bullying or harassment the following information is available.
- What can I do if I am being bullied or harassed at work?
- What can I do if I have been accused of bullying or harassment at work?
All incidents or injuries related to inappropriate behaviour are to be reported to Konekt Response within 24 hours, to ensure a prompt response and reduce the risk that the situation will continue or escalate.