Use of Regulated Ridesharing Services - Family Reunion and Staff Travel
- MOP(S) Act employees may use regulated ridesharing services when travelling as directed on official business in the ACT and NSW.
- Senators and Members’ dependent children and designated persons may use regulated ridesharing services in the ACT and NSW when travelling at Commonwealth expense for family reunion purposes.
- Regulated ridesharing services are currently only available in the ACT and NSW.
The Special Minister of State has made a new determination under the MOP(S)Act in relation to staff travel and relief staff arrangements to enable employees to use regulated ridesharing services for travel provided under the determination. Determination 2015/20 – Staff Travel and Relief Staff Arrangements is available through the Ministerial and Parliamentary Services website.
The dependent children and designated persons of Senators and Members may also now use regulated ridesharing services when travelling at Commonwealth expense for family reunion purposes. This follows the Remuneration Tribunal’s decision to amend clause 4.16 of Determination 2012/4: Members of Parliament – Entitlements.
As at 18 December 2015, the use of ridesharing services under the parliamentary entitlements framework and MOP(S) Act employment framework is only be available in the ACT and NSW.
Regulated ridesharing services can only be paid by way of reimbursement. Reimbursement may be claimed by using the following forms on the Ministerial and Parliamentary Services website:
- for dependent children and designated persons of Senators and Members using Form 51 – Claim for reimbursement of minor travel expenses; and
- by MOP(S) Act employees using Form 50 – Claim for reimbursement of minor travel expenses.
Should Parliamentarians or their staff require any further information regarding the use of ridesharing services, please contact Ministerial and Parliamentary Services’ on the numbers below*.
A/g Assistant Secretary
Entitlements Management Branch
Ministerial and Parliamentary Services
18 December 2015
|*M&PS’ Contact Details||Contact Number|
|Shane McGaughey (QLD/SA)||02 6215 3827|
|Lauren Barons (NSW/WA/ACT)||02 6215 3426|
|Deesiree Kaufline (VIC/TAS/NT)||02 6215 3640|
|Staff Help Desk||02 6215 3333|