Use of Regulated Ridesharing Services

Key Point
  • Ridesharing services are now regulated in NSW, ACT, QLD, SA and TAS.

The use of ridesharing services, as provided for under the parliamentary work expenses framework and MOP(S) Act employment framework, may only be accessed for official travel in those States and Territories where the services are regulated.

As at 10 July 2017, Ministerial and Services understands that the following States and Territories have ridesharing regulations in place:

The use of ridesharing services in Victoria, Western Australia and the Northern Territory may only be accessed once regulations are in place.

For any further information regarding the use of regulated ridesharing services, please contact the Independent Parliamentary Expenses Authority on 02 6215 3000, or

Lauren Barons
A/g Assistant Secretary
Advice and Support Branch
Ministerial and Parliamentary Services

11 July 2017

Back to top

© Commonwealth of Australia 2010 | ABN 61970 632 495
Last Modified: 11 July, 2017