Excess (Canberra) Travel Leave

Excess (Canberra) travel leave is provided to compensate employees who are required to travel from their work base to Canberra on a Sunday, or a day which is a public holiday in their work base:

that occur on the following day.

Claims for Excess (Canberra) Travel Leave must be received by Ministerial and Parliamentary Services within six months after the travel has been completed. Form 41: Travelling Allowance Claim – When applying for Additional Annual Leave Credit allows the additional annual leave credit to be claimed at the same time as Travelling Allowance.

Eligible Work Bases

The employees of Senators and Members who have work bases in the following locations may claim Excess (Canberra) Travel Leave:

The above locations are effective as at 5 May 2015.

Back to top

© Commonwealth of Australia 2010 | ABN 61970 632 495
Last Modified: 1 May, 2017