Excess (Canberra) Travel Leave
Excess (Canberra) Travel Leave is provided to compensate employees who are required to travel from their work base to Canberra on a Sunday, or a day which is a public holiday in their work base:
- for sittings of either House of Parliament (including joint sittings): or
- Senate estimates and Parliamentary Committee meetings;
that occur on the following day.
Claims for Excess (Canberra) Travel Leave must be received by Ministerial and Parliamentary Services within six months after the travel has been completed. Form 41: Travelling Allowance Claim – When applying for Additional Annual Leave Credit allows the additional annual leave credit to be claimed at the same time as Travelling Allowance.
The employees of Senators and Members who have work bases in the following locations may claim Excess (Canberra) Travel Leave:
- Western Australia
- Northern Territory
- and work bases in the following Federal electorates, as listed in the Enterprise Agreement or determined from time to time by the Minister:
- Barker (work bases in Mt Gambier and Renmark only)
- Farrer (work bases in Broken Hill only)
- Mallee (work bases in Swan Hill only)
- New England (work bases in Inverell only)
- Parkes (work bases in Moree only)
- Wide Bay
The above locations are effective as at 5 May 2015.