Senators and Members' Entitlements
Senators and Members are provided with a range of entitlements, including salaries, accommodation and office facilities, travel and staff under various legislative heads of authority. These entitlements are provided to Senators and Members to facilitate the conduct of their duties and responsibilities as elected representatives of the Australian public.
Ministerial and Parliamentary Services, a division in the Department of Finance, has prepared the following information on the entitlements of Senators and Members.
How to Navigate
You can navigate:
- by selecting a title in the table of contents; or
- by selecting the previous or next buttons located at the top and bottom of each page.
How to Search
To search for information:
- in Senator and Members’ entitlements, select the search button located on the table of contents;
- across the Ministerial and Parliamentary Services website, including Senator and Members’ entitlements, select the search box on the top right-hand corner of the page; or
- in a ‘Website section’ (i.e. within all handbooks and summaries), select Advanced Search under the search box on the top right-hand corner of the page.