Payment of Printing and Communications Invoices from the Office Budget
Ministerial and Parliamentary Services (M&PS) undertakes a post-print check of printing and communications material which is submitted for payment using the office budget, in addition to the optional pre-print assessment offered to Senators and Members.
Prepayments or progressive payments are not able to made except for certain website-related costs, on the basis that M&PS must be satisfied that a commercial service has been delivered prior to payment. For example, prepayment for advertising services is not within entitlement. Senators and Members would need to make the prepayment personally and then claim reimbursement following the conclusion of the advertising period.
Senators and Members will be personally liable to pay the costs of producing and/or distributing material that is found to be outside of the entitlement.
What do I need to submit with my invoice for payment?
- Form 141: Printing and Communications Entitlement - Certification needs to be completed for each invoice submitted. The certification form must be signed by the Senator or Member.
- Where the claim relates to a printed item,e-material or an audio poster, a sample must be provided.
- Where a claim relates to an audio poster, an English transcript of the audio must also be provided.
- If an item is not in English, an English translation is to be provided.
- If the claim relates to website development, design or upgrade, the URL address to the website is to be provided.
- If a printed item has been previously vetted by M&PS, please quote the M&PS reference number on the certification form.
- All invoices should contain the words ‘Tax Invoice’ and all pages are to be submitted.
- Statements will not be accepted in lieu of an invoice.
Further information on the processing of Australia Post invoices is available.