Inappropriate Behaviour in the Workplace
Inappropriate behaviour by anyone in the workplace is unacceptable and can have significant consequences for individuals.
What is Inappropriate Behaviour?
Inappropriate behaviour may include:
- workplace bullying (repeated and unreasonable behaviour directed towards a worker or a group of workers that creates a risk to health and safety)
- harassment (unwelcome behaviour that intimidates, offends or humiliates a person because of a particular personal characteristic such as age, race, gender, disability, religion or sexuality)
- impairment in the workplace by alcohol or other substances, or
- workplace violence.
What is expected of you?
It is expected that everyone in the workplace will behave in a professional manner, and treat each other with dignity and respect.
All MOP(S) Act employees have a role to play in eliminating inappropriate behaviour by:
- refusing to participate in this behaviour
- reporting any experiences of the behaviour
- supporting colleagues in saying no to this behaviour.
All reports of inappropriate behaviour will be treated seriously and investigated in a prompt, confidential and impartial manner. People who report inappropriate behaviour should not be victimised.
If you have concerns about workplace bullying or harassment the following information is available.All incidents or injuries related to inappropriate behaviour are to be reported to Konekt Response within 24 hours, to ensure a prompt response and reduce the risk that the situation will continue or escalate.