This course will look inwards at workplace mental health and wellbeing and outwards to support MOP(S) Act employees in their interactions with constituents and other clients with mental health issues.
What will the session cover?
Topics covered in this course include:
- common mental health issues encountered in frontline service delivery (e.g. depression, suicide, anxiety and trauma)
- managing suicide threats safely
- how to recognise early warning signs
- practical intervention and support strategies
- recognising the impact mental health has on the individual, their family and the workplace
- improving individual resilience and wellbeing
- support services available to help you, your colleagues and your constituents.
This course is available to all MOP(S) Act employees.
Cost of the Course
All courses offered as part of the Professional Development Program (PDP) under the Commonwealth Members of Parliament Staff Enterprise Agreement 2016-2019 are provided free of charge. However, the costs of any travel by electorate employees may be met from within your employing parliamentarian’s Electorate Support Budget.
Electorate employees of parliamentarians whose electorate offices are outside the greater metropolitan area of capital cities should check their eligibility to use additional trips for training. Employees accessing these trips should clearly mark their Staff Travelling and/or Motor Vehicle Allowance Claim as being for attendance at PDP, to ensure that the costs are not debited against the Electorate Support Budget.
- View list of Senators and Members whose employees are eligible for Additional Trips for Training
- Staff Travelling and/or Motor Vehicle Allowance Claim form
If you have any questions regarding your travel, please contact IPEA.
A minimum of four participants is required for each session. Participants are requested to register early to ensure a place in the session, as each session is limited to 20 participants.
To register please complete the registration details below and click on the 'Submit Registration' button.
Your registration will be confirmed by email.
For any enquires regarding the sessions, please email MOPSTraining@finance.gov.au