Personalised Stationery

Can I use the Commonwealth Coat of Arms on my personalised stationery?

Yes, under the Parliamentary Entitlements Regulations 1997, printing on personalised letterhead stationery may include the Commonwealth Coat of Arms. Under Guidelines issued by the Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet, …Senators and Federal Members of Parliament may also use the Arms in the course of their duties as parliamentarians.

Where personalised stationery includes the Commonwealth Coat of Arms, the item must not include the Australian flag or a political party logo.

For further information, refer to the guidelines provided by the Department of Prime Minister and Cabinet relating to the use and placement of the Commonwealth Coat of Arms.

Can I pay for material that is overprinted onto stationery under my printing and communications entitlement?

Yes, provided that the overprinted material:

Can the printing and communications entitlement be used to meet the cost of staff business cards?

Yes, however there is a separate entitlement for the payment of business cards for MOP(S) Act employees under the office facilities entitlement provided by the Parliamentary Entitlements Act 1990.

Form 60: Business Cards Certification, together with the tax invoice and a sample of the card, can be faxed or posted to your relevant State Office. However, business cards printed for the personal MOP(S) Act employees of Ministers are to be provided by the respective portfolio Department.

  1. Form 60: Business Cards Certification - 254 KB