The annual flu vaccination program for all Members of Parliament (Staff) Act 1984 (MOP(S) Act) employees is underway, following the release of the 2018 vaccine. Participation in the flu vaccination program is optional and the decision to be vaccinated rests with each employee.
There are two ways a MOP(S) Act employee can access a flu vaccination under this program:
- through a clinic at Parliament House, Canberra, or
- by reimbursement for the cost of the vaccine administered by a medical practitioner or health professional.
Parliament House, Canberra
A vaccination clinic will operate in the Squash Court at the Health and Recreation Centre (near the Nurses Centre) on 16, 29, 30 and 31 May 2018. Appointments are essential and bookings can be made via the links below:
- Wednesday, 16 May 2018 – 9am to 4pm (please note—non-Sitting week)
- Tuesday, 29 May 2018 – 9am to 5pm
- Wednesday, 30 May 2018 – 9am to 5pm
- Thursday, 31 May 2018 – 9am to 5pm
Places in the program normally fill quickly, so you are urged to make a booking as soon as possible. If you are unable to attend on one of the scheduled days, please contact DPS-WHS@aph.gov.au to discuss.
M&PS will reimburse the cost of the flu vaccine, up to $20.00, which is the indicative retail price of the vaccine.
MOP(S) Act employees seeking reimbursement must:
- complete a Flu Vaccination Program Consent Form
- scan and email the signed form and a receipt clearly indicating the cost of the vaccine to MOPSWHS@finance.gov.au.
It is important that MOP(S) Act employees note that reimbursement will be made for the cost of the vaccine only. M&PS will not reimburse for additional costs incurred for any medical consultation or administration related to the vaccination, or cover any travel expenses related to attendance for the vaccination.
For any queries relating to the flu vaccination program contact the Staff Help Desk.