There is a range of car transport modes available to parliamentarians when undertaking parliamentary business, including:
- hire car
- regulated rideshare
- self-drive hire car.
I would like to remind parliamentarians that:
- COMCAR works extensively with security agencies to ensure its drivers deliver a secure car-with-driver service
- all COMCAR drivers are security cleared and bound by the Australian Public Service Code of Conduct and Values, which ensures the highest levels of discretion, confidentiality and privacy
- safety is COMCAR’s priority at all times, with all drivers completing extensive driver training
- all COMCAR sedans are less than three years old, providing the latest in vehicle safety and security features
- COMCAR vehicles arrive at the pickup location on time for over 99 per cent of reservations.
I encourage you to consider these factors when deciding on the mode of car transport that best meets your security and safety needs.
Further service information is available from COMCAR’s Client Liaison Manager on 02 6215 1617 or email COMCAR@finance.gov.au. To make a COMCAR reservation call the National Operations Centre at any time on 13 18 47.
For further information on the use of car transport, or other travel-related queries, please contact the Independent Parliamentary Expenses Authority on 02 6215 3000 or email email@example.com.
A/g Assistant Secretary
Advice and Support Branch
Ministerial and Parliamentary Services
20 September 2017