This webpage has been created to make it easier for MOP(S) employees to access the range of information currently available about coronavirus (COVID-19). this page will be regularly updated – please check here before contacting the MaPS Helpdesk with any queries.
On this page
Information about Work Health Safety and Wellbeing during COVID-19 can be found on the dedicated page on this website. This includes practical tips, the Employee Assistance Program, the working from home checklist and other helpful resources.
On 11 March 2020, the World Health Organization characterised the coronavirus outbreak as a pandemic.
On 27 February 2020, the Prime Minister announced the activation of the Australian Health Sector Emergency Response Plan for Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19).
For information on the current status in Australia, please visit the Department of Health website.
COVID-19 Temporary Deployment – Administrative Arrangements
As noted in circular 2020/09, consistent with the Prime Minister’s directive to the Australian Public Service, you can now register your interest to be temporarily deployed to Australian government agencies to assist with delivering critical government functions.
These deployments will be managed by Finance as short-term secondments. You will remain an employee of your employing parliamentarian and retain your current pay conditions.
Registering interest for deployment
If you are interested in registering for deployment you will need to:
- obtain your employing parliamentarian’s approval
- familiarise yourself with the terms and conditions
- complete the webform
During the secondment you will be required to:
- act consistently with the Australian Public Service (APS) Code of Conduct
- accept that the receiving APS agency may end the arrangement at any time
- work in accordance with the need to know principle and manage conflicts of interest
- comply with any security clearance requirements of the relevant APS agency
- secondment arrangements apply to ongoing and non-ongoing employees only
- registering an interest to be deployed does not guarantee you a secondment
- your details will be provided to the APSC who will coordinate matching secondees with relevant agencies based on a range of considerations, including identification of agencies that require additional staff; assessment of relevant skills and experience, location and length of secondment.
- if you are chosen by an APS agency for deployment, you and your employing parliamentarian will need to sign an MOU agreeing to the secondment terms.
Employee Assistance Program - EAP
If you are concerned or feel anxious about coronavirus, you or your family can talk with professional psychologists, as part of the Employee Assistance Program. This is a free and confidential service. For appointments contact Assure Services on 1800 945 145, book online at EAP Appointment Request or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
All staff emails
- Coronavirus (COVIS-19) Update (10 August, 2020)
- Coronavirus (COVIS-19) Update (21 July, 2020)
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update (8 July, 2020)
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update (27 May, 2020)
- MOP(S) Safeguard Newsletter - JLT (1 April, 2020)
- MOP(S) Safeguard Edition 8 (June, 2020)
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update (16 March, 2020)
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update (4 March, 2020)
- WHS Advice: Bushfires and novel coronavirus (3 February, 2020)
- National Safe Work Month (1 October 2020)
- Deployment of MOP(S) Act employees to Australian Public Service agencies in response to COVID-19 (SMOS circular 2020/09)
- Protecting the health and safety of MOP(S) Act employees (SMOS circular 2020/06)
- Use of Canberra-based self-drive vehicles (SMOS circular 2020/04)
- Additional support to Parliamentarians to approve working from home and leave arrangements (SMOS circular 2020/02)
Guidance and further resources
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) – what you need to know - Department of Health
- Travel advice from smartraveller
- MaPS COVID-19 Alert poster - Please read before entering office