Please note: the ballot for the proposed Commonwealth Members of Parliament Staff Enterprise Agreement 2020-23 has not been successful. Further information is available in Circular 2020/15.
The proposed EA includes:
- A fair and affordable pay rise
- Salary and allowance adjustments 6 months after the EA commences:
- 1.7 per cent – for electorate officers and personal employees below Assistant Adviser
- 0.85 per cent – for Advisers, Media Advisers and Assistant Advisers
- 0 per cent – for senior staff
- Salary and allowance adjustments equal to the private sector Wage Price Index (WPI) for all staff for years 2 and 3
- Changes to electorate staff allowance (ESA) to provide greater flexibility for staff and their employing Members, and an increase in the remuneration available to electorate employees for working reasonable additional hours
- ESA to be allocated to individual electorate employees, including those employed against the Electorate Support Budget, rather than positions
- All offices to receive additional ESA 6 months after commencement
- Employing Members who are eligible for reimbursement of satellite office expenses under the PBR Act will receive additional ESA 6 months after commencement
- Supporting partner leave to increase from 2 to 3 weeks and able to be taken at half pay
- Long service leave able to be taken at half pay and minimum leave period reduced to 7 consecutive calendar days
- No loss of conditions
- Leave, superannuation, retention payment, travel allowance and studies assistance to continue
- Private Plated Vehicle Allowance to remain at its current rate
Enterprise Agreement voting period
The ballot for the proposed Commonwealth Members of Parliament Staff Enterprise Agreement 2020-2023 will be held from Friday 18 December to Wednesday 23 December 2020.
Prior to the vote, you can access the proposed agreement and an overview including explanation of the agreement at the links below.
- Proposed Enterprise Agreement
- Overview and explanation of proposed Enterprise Agreement
- Fact sheets on changes to the Enterprise Agreement
Should you have a query regarding the proposed enterprise agreement, please email Ministerial and Parliamentary Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Enterprise Agreement voting process
The ballot will be conducted by GoVote, an independent ballot provider. GoVote will email ballot instructions to all MOP(S) Act employees before the ballot period commences. The email will go to the address on file with MaPS. If you wish to confirm the email MaPS has on file, please contact email@example.com.
The result of the ballot will be advised as soon as possible after the ballot closes at 2.00pm on Wednesday 23 December 2020.
Further information on the ballot process can be found on the ballot information page.
Information on the bargaining process is located on the Bargaining for the Commonwealth Members of Parliament Staff Enterprise Agreement 2020-23 page.