You are invited to complete a two hour nationally-accredited online training program designed to give you a better understanding of Indigenous Australians in your workplace, social environments and the community in which you live and work.
Cultural Awareness Training is suitable for Indigenous and non-Indigenous Australians and for people living and working anywhere within Australia. Whether you are delivering services specifically to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, working with Indigenous colleagues, working with the general public or you just want to increase your understanding of the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people you live with, this course is of benefit to you.
This course consists of 12 professionally produced video modules. It is a self-paced, video based training course that you can access anytime that suits you.
Upon successful completion of the CATonline Level 1 training, participants will have completed the theory elements required for competency in Developing Work Practices to Accommodate Cultural Identity.
What will the session cover?
Topics covered in this session include:
- an overview of indigenous Australian history, from pre-colonisation to the 21st Century
- the modern impact
- understanding common terms, and Indigenous culture
- protocols, including awareness of sensitive issues affecting Indigenous people
- Indigenous people in today’s workplace.
This course is available to all MOP(S) Act employees.
All courses offered as part of the Professional Development Program (PDP) under the Commonwealth Members of Parliament Staff Enterprise Agreement 2016-2019 are provided free of charge.
- To register please complete the registration details and click on the 'Submit Registration' button.
- You will receive log in information via email.
- For any enquires regarding the sessions, please email MOPSTraining@finance.gov.au