Who is the course for?
For anyone with leadership or management responsibility.
About this course
Have you heard of the EAP? Do you just think it’s a crises counselling hotline? In this session, we will be busting myths about what an EAP is and what it is used for.
You will learn about all the services available to you as an individual, including Wellbeing Coaching and Financial Coaching (as well as counselling), and discussing common reasons why we see clients for counselling, and what we can help you and your family with. In addition we will discuss the specific managerial services in place for you to assist you in leading your team, as well as what to do if you’ve noticed a staff member may not be coping.
What you will learn
- What services are covered under the EAP
- Common counselling access reasons as well as mental health statistics
- Manager support services
- Recognising and responding to signs of distress
- How to access the services yourself, and how to refer staff
How the course is delivered
This course can be accessed through the MOP(S) Employee PDP channel on GoTo. A copy of the presentation is below, and a few handouts mentioned during the session:
- EAP for managers presentation
- Returning to work after COVID-19 – employee tips
- Self-care during times of uncertainty
- Understanding health anxiety
- Suicide awareness
Eligibility to attend
All MOP(S) Act employees.
This course is offered as part of the Professional Development Program (PDP), under the Commonwealth Members of Parliament Staff Enterprise Agreement 2016-2019.