This 45-minute course will provide attendees with an understanding of key home office ergonomics principles and a range of health, safety and wellbeing considerations to reduce the risk of injury when working in a home office environment.
What you will learn
- A basic understanding of anatomy and biomechanics as they relate to optimal working postures and home office ergonomics.
- Key principles of home office ergonomic workstation set-up.
- Health, safety and wellbeing considerations to reduce risk of injury in the home office.
- Employee’s responsibility to adopt safe work practices in the home workplace.
How the course is delivered
You can watch the live recording by accessing the MOPs Employee PDP channel on GoTo.
The recording is supplemented with the following handouts:
- Home Office Ergonomics and WHS Presentation
- Office Ergonomics Poster
- Anatomy and Manual Handling Part 1 (video)
- Anatomy and Manual Handling Part 2 (video)
- Anatomy and Manual Handling Part 3 (video)
- Anatomy and Manual Handling Part 4 (video)
Eligibility to attend
All MOP(S) Act employees.
This course is offered as part of the Professional Development Program (PDP), under the Commonwealth Members of Parliament Staff Enterprise Agreement 2016-2019. It is provided free of charge.