Who is the course for?
Any and every representative who wants to use social media to effectively communicate with their constituents and provide leadership with authenticity, integrity and openness to forge stronger bonds within the community throughout what is very difficult for all.
About this course
This course takes a practical approach to help you use social channels to understand need, adapt your communication strategy and communicate with your audience for the duration of the COVID-19 pandemic.
What you will learn
You’ll learn how to design content that meets your audience’s needs, how to engage in a positive two-way conversation with your community, and how to effectively mitigate any negativity coming from any members of the public.
How the course is delivered
You can watch the live 90 minute recording by accessing the MOP(S) Employee PDP channel on GoTo.
A copy of the presentation is below, as well as some useful tools that were mentioned in the webinar:
- How to manage your social media through difficult times – webinar presentation
- Be.Live – Use Be.Live for Facebook live video streaming. You can have up to four people on screen as well as using subtitles and options for other languages. Be.Live is a paid subscription.
- Quicc – An app that automatically loads captions to your videos. The basic package is free with an option to purchase upgraded packages.
- InShot – Edit your videos before uploading them to social media. You can add stickers, text or music to videos. This is a paid subscription.
- Canva – For developing your own infographics. Canva has a range of templates to load your content into. Once created, you can publish onto any social media platform and Canva will save a history of what you have created to make it easier to update your content later.
Eligibility to attend
All MOP(S) Act employees
This course is offered as part of the Professional Development Program (PDP), under the Commonwealth Members of Parliament Staff Enterprise Agreement 2016-2019. It is provided free of charge.