You are invited to attend an information session that will provide an opportunity to discuss your employment conditions with a Ministerial and Parliamentary Services Advice and Support Director.
MOP(S) Act Employment – Terms and Conditions is a three hour information session covering the terms and conditions of MOP(S) Act employment.
What will the session cover?
Topics covered in this session include:
- your conditions of employment under the Commonwealth Members of Parliament Staff Enterprise Agreement 2016-2019 (Enterprise Agreement)
- your entitlements and how to access them
- your WHS duties and obligations as a MOP(S) Act employee
- the role of Ministerial and Parliamentary Services
- support services available to you as a MOP(S) Act employee.
This course is available to all MOP(S) Act employees.
All courses offered as part of the Professional Development Program (PDP) under the Commonwealth Members of Parliament Staff Enterprise Agreement 2016-2019 are provided free of charge. However, the costs of any travel by electorate employees may be met from within your employing parliamentarian’s Electorate Support Budget.
Electorate employees of parliamentarians whose electorate offices are outside the greater metropolitan area of capital cities should check their eligibility to use additional trips for training. Employees accessing these trips should clearly mark their Staff Travelling and/or Motor Vehicle Allowance Claim as being for attendance at PDP, to ensure that the costs are not debited against the Electorate Support Budget.
View list of Senators and Members whose employees are eligible for Additional Trips for Training
If you have any questions regarding your travel, please contact IPEA.
- A minimum of four participants is required for each session.
- Participants are requested to register early to ensure a place in the session, as it is limited to 20.
- To register please complete the registration details and click on the 'Submit Registration' button.
- Your registration will be confirmed by email.
- For any enquires regarding the sessions, please email MOPSTraining@finance.gov.au.