Note: The Department of Parliamentary Services is currently rolling out Microsoft Windows 10 to all parliamentarian offices. Included in the roll out is Microsoft Teams.
GovTEAMS is a version of Microsoft Teams. If you have signed up to Microsoft Teams using your aph.gov.au email address, you do not need to create a GovTEAMS account.
The functionalities of Microsoft Teams and GovTEAMS are the same. Training from component two still applies.
Who is the course for?
Anyone who wants to learn how to be more proficient in using GovTEAMS for work, communication, and collaboration with their team.
About this course
GovTEAMS allows you to meet online with video or audio, connect through chat and collaborate on documents together.
This course teaches you how to set up your account, create a team/community for your colleagues to join and the basics of GovTEAMS.
How the course is delivered
This online course is broken down into four component utilising videos with some reading. You can complete the course in your own time and use it as a reference tool.
Course component one – register for GovTEAMS
When registering, select ‘Department of Parliamentary Services’ as your Department.
Course component two – set up meetings in GovTEAMS
Course component three – Microsoft Teams video training
Course component four – meetings and calls using GovTEAMS
Anyone requiring assistance with GovTEAMS should contact Finance at MOPs.GovTEAMS@finance.gov.au.
- Set up your GovTEAMS account
- Create a team/community for your colleagues to join so you can work together
- Become more experienced and familiar using GovTEAMS
- Effectively communicate with your team using the many communication channels available in GovTEAMS
- Manage and prioritise your workloads on a digital platform
- For Office Managers, manage the team’s workloads, assign tasks, track progress, schedule and host meetings
- Work together by sharing and collaborating on documents
This course is available to all MOP(S) Act employees and is provided as part of the Professional Development Program.
Courses offered as part of the Professional Development Program (PDP), under the Commonwealth Members of Parliament Staff Enterprise Agreement 2016-2019, are provided free of charge.