Skip to main content



This suite of guidance material has been produced by Ministerial and Parliamentary Services (MaPS), a division within the Department of Finance, and provides information to senators and members of the House of Representatives on remuneration and non-travel related public resources available to them as a parliamentarian.

Information, advice and guidance relating to travel by parliamentarians and their employees is available from the Independent Parliamentary Expenses Authority 

Important note

The information contained in the suite is provided for general information only. It remains the responsibility of parliamentarians to familiarise themselves with the resources for which they are eligible and the conditions and eligibility requirements relating to those resources.

Where parliamentarians are unsure of whether an expense is claimable under the framework, they should contact the MaPS Help Desk or the Independent Parliamentary Expenses Authority (IPEA) before taking any action or decision on the basis of any material contained in the suite alone.

For information relating to expenses provided before 1 January 2018, please refer to the National Library of Australia, Australian Government Web Archive:  Summaries and Handbooks.

Last updated: 21 January 2020