Senior Office Holder who is a Member of the Opposition
A Senior Office Holder who is a member of the Opposition means the Leader or Deputy Leader of the Opposition in a House of the Parliament (s4, PBR Regulations).
Relevant Links for Senior Office Holder who is a Member of the Opposition:
The below links provide information relevant to the role where this differs to the provisions to all Senators and Members.
In respect of the parliamentary business resources you may claim as a Senior Office Holder who is a member of the Opposition:
- Ministerial and Parliamentary Services is responsible for:
- providing your Office Holder office, together with public resources reasonably required for the conduct of your parliamentary business in the office (other than Information Technology and services), as approved by the Special Minister of State
- payment of postage costs for your official duties
- payment of the cost of an additional fixed internet and telephone service for your private residence in Canberra, including installation, maintenance, rental, transfer and call and data costs
- payment of airline lounge memberships for nominated employees.
Ministerial and Parliamentary Services will not meet any costs that fall outside this list.
- Your House Department is responsible for payment of your Office Holder salary.
- The Department of Parliamentary Services is responsible for the provision of Information Technology and services.
- The Department of Home Affairs monitors and, where appropriate, coordinates protective security arrangements.
- The Independent Parliamentary Expenses Authority is responsible for the administration of travel-related matters.
Last updated: 05 November 2019