Requesting a Private Plated Vehicle
On this page
Please contact your Ministerial and Parliamentary Services State Manager if you wish to request a private plated vehicle.
The fleet provider will provide you with a Request for Lease Quote (Fleet Management Agreement) form to be completed when ordering a vehicle. Vehicle orders are placed with the fleet provider and may take some months to fill.
When determining the term of a lease, the fleet provider considers the projected usage of the vehicle (i.e. the number of kilometres (km) likely to be driven), as well as factors such as the warranty provided for the vehicle and the local road and weather conditions. It is expected that you will retain the vehicle for the entire length of the lease term. The lease term will be reviewed regularly against these projections and may be adjusted to ensure the lease achieves value for money. Lease periods are typically 100,000km/three years.
Requests for optional extras to be added to a vehicle should only be made at the time the vehicle order is placed. Optional extras that can be fitted by the vehicle’s dealer, that were overlooked at the time the vehicle was ordered, may only be added until the time of the vehicle’s first scheduled service.
Should you wish to add dealer-fitted optional extras after the original order is placed, you must discuss the matter with the fleet provider. This will allow the fleet provider to make arrangements with the contracted vehicle supplier and ensure that the fitting dealer is given the required advance notice.
All optional extras included in the cost of the lease must be kept with the vehicle, and returned with the vehicle:
- at the end of the vehicle lease
- after the vehicle is written off in an accident, or
- when you cease to hold office
(whichever occurs first).
M&PS state offices are responsible for:
- advice on use of private plated vehicles within the work expenses framework;
- providing advice on the approval process for non-standard private plated vehicles;
- invoicing for certain administration fees incurred; and
- remaining a contact point for escalation of issues.
The fleet provider is responsible for administering all other private plated vehicle functions during the life of each vehicle lease, including:
- private plated vehicle renewal emails and telephone follow up;
- processing of quotes and orders;
- paying reimbursements for out-of-pocket costs (such as when a fuel card is lost or not working); and
- contacting parliamentarians and their staff regarding due and overdue servicing.
For any queries relating to private plated vehicles orders and the running of a private-plated vehicle, please contact the sgfleet M&PS Manager on 03 6242 2102, email: MPSVIP@sgfleet.com.
Last updated: 11 October 2019