Understanding yourself as a leader will enable you to better understand or lead others. This toolkit draws on a selection of current self-management and best practice leadership principles to support you as a manager.
Employee Assistance Program
Delivered by Benestar, the Employee Assistance Program (EAP) provides confidential counselling sessions to enhance wellbeing, mental health and resilience. The EAP is offered free of charge to all MOP(S) Act employees and their immediate family and/ or household members.
Employees and family/ household members can access up to three free counselling sessions per issue, with a maximum of two issues in a 12-month period. The EAP can be accessed to assist you with both work and personal issues.
If additional counselling is required, Benestar will seek agreement from MaPS to continue the free service.
The EAP also provides a Manager Support Program that can help you manage your team effectively and discuss complex challenges including:
- mental health of team members
- performance based conversations
- managing conflict
- supporting people through change and critical incidents
Contact Benestar 24 hours per day, 7 days per week to schedule an appointment. Appointments can be made by phoning 1300 360 364 or online.
You can learn more about the Employee Assistance Program here.
All MOP(S) Act employees have free access to NewAccess workplaces, a mental health coaching program developed by Beyond Blue.
At times we may experience challenges in our everyday life – these can be related to workplace change, workload demands, or family or relationship issues.
NewAccess workplaces provides free and confidential mental health support, with coaches who can support you to set practical goals to help you overcome everyday challenges that are causing you stress or worry.
Reasons to try NewAccess workplaces:
- it’s free, so there’s no out of pocket costs
- it’s confidential, workplaces do not receive identifying information about participants
- participation does not require a doctor’s referral
- it’s available via phone or video call (on Zoom or Microsoft Teams)
Complaints - what can I do?
Having a complaint made against you can be stressful and cause you significant concern and anxiety. You may be concerned about your reputation, your job and being properly informed of your rights and responsibilities going forward.
If a complaint is made against you, this does not automatically mean you have engaged in the behaviour. However, taking part in a complaints process in good faith can make the process easier for everyone and lead to better outcomes.
The PWSS can support you if a complaint is made against you. The team will handle your information confidentially and treat you fairly.
Contact the PWSS on 1800 PH PWSS (1800 747 977).
Further information relating to the above is available here.
The following initiatives are currently in development to support you as a manager and a leader.
Manager Essentials Program
A live learning program developed to support you in your role managing the office and employees.
- Module 1: Office Management
- Module 2: People Management
Office Management e-learning
A self paced, on-demand e-learning course comprised of several modules to support you in your role managing the office and employees.
Check back for updates!
Useful videos and podcasts
More on-demand resources and support
- Mindfulness & Wellbeing webinar series
- BENESTAR A guide to becoming your best you
- Best You by Benestar FAQ
- BENESTAR MyCoach for Individuals
- BENESTAR MyCoach for anxiety
- BENESTAR MyCoach for sleep issues
- BENESTAR MyCoash for burnout
- BENESTAR Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander support line
- NewAccess Looking after your Mental Health
- NewAccess FAQ for employees