Managing Challenging Interactions is aimed at people whose roles require customer or staff contact including but not limited to retail, call centre, collections, customer services, complaints handling and escalations staff, case managers or anyone exposed to challenging interactions in the workplace. Also relevant for Team Leaders managing these teams.
Using the Lifeline ’Recognise, Respond and Refer’ framework, participants will learn:
• Contextually what may be going on with a distressed person
• How the brain reacts to stress
• Communication skills to assist difficult or emotional conversation
• What to do if callers/colleagues are at risk of suicide
• Self-care strategies you can use during and after difficult calls