Working with the media is a key aspect of supporting your parliamentarian. In this training session, you'll discover how you can support your parliamentarian’s media activities and develop the skills and knowledge of how the local and national media operates.
In this session you will learn about:
- media messaging
- interview techniques for modern media platforms (includes broadcast)
- proactive media engagement
- local and national media
- understanding the Federal Parliamentary Press Gallery
- hold a press conference / write a press release
- crisis communication (as required)
The session will be led by journalist and media trainer Catherine McGrath who spent 20 years in the federal parliamentary press gallery as a reporter, editor, and bureau chief for ABC and SBS.