COVID-19 update - 27 June 2021

Date published
27 June 2021

Further to our recent update on 24 June 2021, the NSW Government yesterday announced stay-at-home orders for all of Greater Sydney including the Blue Mountains, Central Coast and Wollongong (see map) with effect 6.00pm, 26 June 2021. 

Stay at Home orders for Greater Sydney

Everyone in Greater Sydney must stay at home unless it is for an essential reason. There are some exceptions including essential work or study, where you cannot work or study from home – see further information at NSW Government COVID-19 website.

In NSW, people who have been in the Greater Sydney region (including the Blue Mountains, Central Coast and Wollongong) on or after June 21 must follow the stay-at-home orders for a period of 14 days after they left Greater Sydney. This also applies to the people who have since entered the ACT – see ACT Government COVID-19 website.

At this stage the restrictions will be in place until 11:59pm on Friday 9 July 2021.

Masks will be compulsory in all indoor non-residential settings, including workplaces – see further information below.

Parliamentarians can approve working from home and leave arrangements to support staff in response to COVID-19 – refer Circular 2020/02.

Masks and face coverings

Comcare and Safe Work Australia have provided further information on face masks and managing COVID-19 risks. As previously advised masks are able to be claimed as an office expense for use within the workplace and limited numbers can be purchased through COS at or you can claim reimbursement if you use your own vendor. Instructions on the correct use and storage of masks should be provided with your purchase.

Keep up to date

You can keep up to date on the latest response to coronavirus in your state or territory by visiting the Australian Government website or by using the COVID-19 Restriction Checker.

If you are affected by the travel restrictions, you will need to notify and discuss the requirement to travel with your employer. Each jurisdiction has different requirements and has determined its own requirements in relation to travel. Check the link above for information on restrictions for your state or territory.


MaPS is here to support you and provide advice where required. For anyone requiring support, confidential counselling is available from the EAP for all staff, their family and household members. If you have any concerns or queries in relation to this information please contact the MaPS Help Desk.