- On 3 April 2017, the Independent Parliamentary Expenses Authority (IPEA) commenced operations.
- There are changed arrangements for enquiries relating to the Parliamentarians and MOP(S) Staff work expenses framework.
Advice regarding parliamentarians’ and MOP(S) Act employees’ work expenses is now split between two entities – IPEA enquiries (travel, reporting and other matters managed by IPEA) and all other work expense enquiries (managed by Ministerial and Parliamentary Services).
New contact details are below:
|IPEA enquiries||(02) 6215 3000|
|Parliamentarians & MOP(S)||email@example.com|
|Hours of operation||9:00am – 5:00pm EST|
All other work expense and employee enquiries
|Parliamentarians||(02) 6215 3542|
|MOP(S) staff||(02) 6215 3333|
|Parliamentarians & MOP(S)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Hours of operation||9:00am EST – 5:00pm WST|
The core functions of IPEA relate to travel, reporting and audit, including:
- providing personal advice to parliamentarians and MOP(S) Act employees on travel expenses, allowances, and related expenses
- monitoring parliamentarians and MOP(S) Act employees use of travel expenses, allowances, and related expenses
- administering travel expenses, allowances, and related expenses, including processing of these claims
- publically reporting on work expenses under the existing framework
- auditing work expense claims under the existing parliamentary framework.
Ministerial and Parliamentary Services will retain the following functions:
- Human Resources and payroll services for MOP(S) Act employees
- office accommodation (including Ministerial Wing at APH and Commonwealth Parliament Offices)
- advice, support and administration of non-travel related work expenses
- contract management of third party service providers
Please also note that there have been changes to the Advice and Support Directors in Ministerial and Parliamentary Services.
A/g Assistant Secretary
Advice and Support Branch
Ministerial and Parliamentary Services
6 April 2017