Case management

Last updated
28 June 2021

Calls to the Parliamentary Support Line 1800 APH SPT (1800 274 778) are answered by a trauma-informed counsellor who will provide you with initial support, counselling and information. They can then assist with supported referrals to appropriate supports and services including the MaPS HR Advice and Support team. The Parliamentary Support Line does not have an investigative function. Reports of bullying, harassment and sexual harassment can be investigated by the police in instances of criminal behaviour. Investigation can also be facilitated by the MaPS HR Advice and Support team. 

Incidents of bullying, harassment and sexual harassment reported to MaPS will be handled in line with the workplace bullying and harassment policy (see related resources). A trained Case Manager from the MaPS HR Advice and Support team will be assigned to you, to support you through the process. Your Case Manager can provide specific and tailored support, and advice on the management of workplace grievances and complaints mechanisms.

In addition to this and outside of incidents of bullying and harassment, Case Managers can provide confidential advice on HR and other employment matters, and advice and support with early intervention. A summary of the support Case Managers can offer to MOP(S) Act employees and to parliamentarians and authorised officers is below.

HR advice and support to staff HR advice and support to parliamentarians and authorised officers
  • Early intervention
  • Rehabilitation
  • Workers’ compensation processes
  • Ergonomic and workplace assessments
  • Allegations of inappropriate behaviour/ bullying and harassment
  • Referrals to other appropriate agencies
  • Employee concerns
  • WHS and wellbeing supports
  • Generalist HR employee advice
  • Office structures/restructure
  • Performance management
  • Terminations (probation, performance, movements)
  • Conflict resolution (mediation/facilitated discussions/ team diagnostics)
  • Bullying and harassment advice
  • Staff wellbeing support
  • WHS support
  • Generalist managerial and employment advice

Case Managers can be contacted by emailing or by calling (02) 6215 3333 and selecting option 2, and option 2 again.

Information on other available supports can be found on the responding and support page.

After body