Reporting bullying and harassment

Last updated
28 June 2021

Make a report

There are a number of options to formally report bullying and harassment. You also have the option to report the incident through multiple channels:

  • your employing parliamentarian, if appropriate
  • Finance through the HR Advice and Support team on 02 6215 3333.

HR Advice and Support

You can contact the HR Advice and Support team on 02 6215 3333 or email

Your complaint will be escalated directly to a Case Manager who will offer a number of services and support programs to help you through this difficult time. This includes providing you with relevant supports and information to mitigate the risk to yours and others safety in the workplace. The Case Manager will outline the resolution strategies available, including training and information to support you to continue to manage the situation.

Our focus is the health and safety of all involved. In line with best practice, the services MaPS provides are designed to improve the workplace environment. 

Serious non-compliance with workplace legislation (such as the Work Health and Safety Act 2011) will be referred to the appropriate regulator. 

To meet the duty of care to you and other employees, criminal matters will be reported to the police. The Case Manager will notify you prior to the report being made and work with you to ensure your privacy is maintained, where possible.

Fair Work Commission

You can also apply to the Fair Work Commission for an order to stop bullying. See the Fair Work Commission’s website on their processes for managing application orders.

Australian Human Rights Commission (AHRC)

You can contact the AHRC to lodge a complaint regarding discrimination or breaches of human rights. See the AHRC website on their processes for dealing with complaints.


You can report bullying and harassment directly to Comcare.

After body