Case management

Last updated
23 June 2023

Calls to the Parliamentary Support Line 1800 APH SPT (1800 274 778) are answered by a trauma-informed counsellor who will provide you with initial support, counselling and information. They can then assist with supported referrals to appropriate supports and services including the Parliamentary Workplace Support Service (PWSS). The Parliamentary Support Line does not have an investigative function. Reports of bullying, harassment and sexual harassment can be investigated by the police in instances of criminal behaviour. A workplace review by the PWSS may be available, where appropriate, for MOP(S) Act employees and parliamentarians who experience a serious incident or misconduct (including workplace conflict that amounts to a work health and safety risk). 

Serious incidents or misconduct, and workplace conflict that amounts to a work health and safety risk reported to PWSS will be handled in line with the expanded scope of PWSS’ services (see related resources below)A trained Case Coordinator from the PWSS will be assigned to you, to support you through the process. Your Case Coordinator can provide specific and tailored support, and advice on the management of workplace grievances and complaints mechanisms.

Outside of matters related to serious incidents or misconduct, MaPS HR Advice and Support can provide confidential advice on HR and other employment matters, and referral to PWSS if required. A summary of the support MaPS HR Advice and Support can offer to MOP(S) Act employees and to parliamentarians and authorised officers is below.

HR advice and support to staff HR advice and support to parliamentarians and authorised officers
  • Early intervention
  • Rehabilitation
  • Workers’ compensation processes
  • Ergonomic and workplace assessments
  • Referrals to other appropriate agencies
  • Employee concerns
  • WHS and wellbeing supports
  • Generalist HR employee advice
  • Office structures/restructure
  • Performance management
  • Terminations (probation, performance, movements)
  • Staff wellbeing support
  • WHS support
  • Generalist managerial and employment advice

MaPS HR Advice and Support can be contacted by emailing or by calling (02) 6215 3333 and selecting option 2, and option 2 again.

See below for a list of Wellbeing and HR Advice and Support contacts:

Wellbeing HR advice & support

Information on other available supports can be found on the responding and support page.

After body