This session provides an introduction to the legislative procedures of the Senate.
What will the session cover?
This online workshop will provide an introduction to the legislative procedures of the Senate. Topics covered include:
- Introduction to the legislative stages
- Purposes of the each stage purposes
- Results of each
- Reference of bills to committees
Common procedural requirements:
- Explanatory memoranda
- Amendments in committee of the whole
- Processing and publication of Bills and Acts
- The monitoring tools, Notice Papers, Journals and the Dynamic Red
This course is available for all MOP(S) Act employees as part of the Professional Development Program.
To participate, log into MOP(S) Learning to secure your place.
This session will be hosted on the Gov Teams platform. Prior to this session you will need to:
- Set up your Gov Teams account or connect with the MOP(S) Training team for a guest account.
- Attend one of the 15 minute tech check sessions with the MOPS training team to make sure you’re able to access the training activity. Calendar invites will be sent to all registered participants.