The Independent Parliamentary Expenses Authority (IPEA) is holding Information Sessions in Sydney, Hobart, Adelaide, Perth, Brisbane, Melbourne, Darwin and Canberra.
What will the session cover?
These Information Sessions will provide an overview of:
- IPEA’s functions
- travel for parliamentarians and MOPS Act Staff
- IPEA’s new online travel education tool IPEA-ED
Attendees will also have the opportunity to ask questions about travel, reporting and auditing.
This course is available to all MOP(S) Act employees.
All courses offered as part of the Professional Development Program (PDP) under the Commonwealth Members of Parliament Staff Enterprise Agreement 2016-2019 are provided free of charge. However, the costs of any travel by electorate employees may be met from within your employing Senator or Member’s Electorate Support Budget.
Electorate employees of Senators and Members whose electorate offices are outside the greater metropolitan area of capital cities should check their eligibility to use additional trips for training. Employees accessing these trips should clearly mark their Staff Travelling and/or Motor Vehicle Allowance Claim as being for attendance at PDP, to ensure that the costs are not debited against the Electorate Support Budget.
View list of Senators and Members whose employees are eligible for Additional Trips for Training
If you have any questions regarding your travel, please contact IPEA.
- A minimum of four participants is required for each session.
- Participants are requested to register early to ensure a place in the session, as it is limited to 20.
- To register please complete the registration details and click on the 'Submit Registration' button.
- Your registration will be confirmed by email.
- For any enquires regarding the sessions, please email MOPSTraining@finance.gov.au.