MaPS provides an annual flu vaccination program for all MOP(S) Act employees. Participation in the flu vaccination program is optional and the decision to be vaccinated rests with each employee.
MOP(S) Act employees can claim reimbursement for the cost of a flu vaccine administered by a medical practitioner or health professional.
Please note, whilst this will not provide immunity against coronavirus, vaccination against respiratory illnesses is highly recommended to protect your health. For further information about the COVID-19 vaccine, please see COVID-19 vaccination
The influenza vaccine is free under the National Immunisation Program for:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people aged 6 months and over
- Children aged 6 months to under 5 years
- Pregnant women at any stage of pregnancy
- People aged 65 years or over.
- People aged 6 months or over who have medical conditions that mean they have a higher risk of getting serious disease:
- cardiac disease
- chronic respiratory conditions
- chronic neurological conditions
- immunocompromising conditions
- diabetes and other metabolic disordersb
- renal disease
- haematological disorders
- children aged six months to 10 years on long term aspirin therapy.
Please discuss this with your General Practitioner and for further information please visit the Department of Heath Website - www.health.gov.au/topics/immunisation/vaccines/influenza-flu-vaccine
If you are not eligible for a free vaccine MaPS will reimburse the cost up to $30.00, which is the 2023 indicative retail price of the vaccine.
MOP(S) Act employees may claim reimbursement for the influenza vaccine via PEMS:
- A claim for reimbursement can be actioned using the Office Expenses tile in PEMS.
- Instructions on how to lodge a claim via the Office Expenses tile can be found in the resource section of this page.
- If you do not have the Office Expense tile in PEMS, it can be added through your App Finder. Instructions on how to do this can be found in the resource section of this page.
- If you have any problems with PEMS please contact PEMSHelp@finance.gov.au
What you need to do
To ensure timely receipt of your reimbursement:
- Claim for the cost up to $30.00
- Attach your receipt
- Use one of the two expense codes:
- Office Administration Expense Category > Work Health and Safety Expense Type > WHS Program - Electorate employees; or
- Office Administration Expense Category > Work Health and Safety Expense Type > WHS Program - Personal employees
- In the description use the following words:
- Reimbursement of costs for flu vaccine [insert date]
Example: Reimbursement of costs for flu vaccine 9 May 2023
Failure to comply will result in your claim being rejected and requiring resubmission.
It is important that MOP(S) Act employees note that reimbursement will be made for the cost of the vaccine only up to $30. MaPS will not reimburse for additional costs incurred for any medical consultation or administration related to the vaccination or cover any travel expenses related to attendance for the vaccination.