MOP(S) Act employees in WHS Site Officer, First Aid Officer, and other emergency officer roles are provided with ongoing training to support them to fulfil their responsibilities and obligations to effectively perform in that role.
WHS Site Officers training
All WHS Site Officers must complete online training via MOP(S) Learning in:
- workplace inspections
- risk assessments
- use of templates and forms for completing hazard identifications.
MaPS will contact nominated WHS Site Officers and provide details on how to access online training.
These documents (see related resources) will also assist WHS Site Officers perform their role:
- Incident investigation form
- Induction checklist
- WHS risk assessment and control template
- Workplace inspection checklist and action plan
- WHS contacts poster
- WHS officer poster
- Office Safety Tool
First Aid Officers training
All First Aid Officers must complete ongoing training to assist them to fulfil the requirements of the role, and meet eligibility requirements for corporate responsibility allowance.
This includes training to obtain and maintain accreditation to the level of ‘Provide First Aid’, and annual CPR refresher training.
The following training will be provided:
- online and practical first aid training to the level of ‘Provide First Aid’ (if they do not possess a current certificate)
- CPR refresher course.
MaPS will contact First Aid Officers prior to their First Aid or CPR accreditation expiring to arrange training.
Emergency Officers and Deputy Emergency Officers training
All Emergency Officers and Deputy Emergency Officers will receive online and face to face training in:
- onsite first attack fire skill training
- equipment and bomb threat theory training
- site-specific emergency procedures.
MaPS will provide the details of nominated MOP(S) Act employees to the provider, who will contact employees directly to arrange training.
Online training resources
In addition to the training for MOP(S) Act employees in nominated WHS roles, additional WHS training is available online via MOP(S) Learning, including:
- Manual handling and ergonomics
- Preventing slips, trips and falls
- Preventing workplace bullying and harassment part 1
- Preventing workplace bullying and harassment part 2 for MOP(S) Act employees
- Preventing workplace bullying and harassment part 2 for parliamentarians and office managers
- Safe travel
- Safety when working alone and out of office
- Work station setup and ergonomic assessment