Ongoing and non-ongoing MOP(S) Act employees are entitled annual leave. It is important to use accrued annual leave each year and plan appropriate leave. Please discuss all leave with your employing parliamentarian before submitting your leave application.
MOP(S) Act employees can apply for annual leave at full or half pay with agreement from their employing parliamentarian. You can apply for full pay annual leave through PEMS.
Entitlements for annual leave for MOP(S) Act employees are set out in the Enterprise Agreement and the leave and public holidays guideline (see related resources).
Additional annual leave credit – excess (Canberra) travel leave
Certain MOP(S) Act employees can apply for additional annual leave credits to compensate for non-work time spent travelling to Canberra if their work base is in:
- Western Australia
- Northern Territory
- Federal electorates of Capricornia, Dawson, Kennedy, Herbert or Leichhardt
- one of the following electorates
- Barker (work bases in Mt Gambier and Renmark only)
- Franklin (work bases in Kingston only)
- Indi (work bases in Wangaratta only)
- Lyons (work bases in Bridgewater only)
- Mallee (work bases in Swan Hill only)
- Maranoa (work bases in Dalby and Roma only)
- New England (work bases in Inverell and Tenterfield only)
- Parkes (work bases in Moree and Broken Hill only)
- Wide Bay.
MOP(S) Act employees are entitled to one additional day of annual leave for each two Sundays, public holidays or combination of these that you spend travelling to Canberra for Parliamentary sittings. You can apply for up to a maximum of eight days credit per year.
Approval of additional annual leave credits is at the discretion of employing parliamentarians. Seek approval from your parliamentarian before submitting a form.
To apply for additional annual leave credits, email a completed annual additional leave form (see related resources) to MOPSPay&Conditions@finance.gov.au.