Leave and public holidays


MOP(S) Act employees are entitled to take leave with approval from their employing parliamentarian.

MOP(S) Act employees can apply for annual leave through PEMS. Queries in relation to other types of leave can be directed to the MaPS Help Desk. Please discuss leave with your employing parliamentarian and/or PWSS before submitting your leave application.

Parliamentarians are responsible for managing their employees’ leave. MOP(S) Act employees should have regular discussions and consider opportunities to use their accrued annual leave each year. Both parliamentarians and MOP(S) Act employees can actively monitor leave balances and view leave calendars through PEMS.