Declaration of availability of private-plated vehicle

Period 1 April 2023 to 31 March 2024


Note: This form need only be completed if some variation is required in the calculation of the Fringe Benefit applying to the vehicle. 

I declare that the number of days during the period 1 April 2023 to 31 March 2024, on which the vehicle allocated to me was not available for private use, as outlined in the advice provided to me by Ministerial and Parliamentary Services, is as stated below. 

*    The taxable value of a car fringe benefit reduces when the car was not taken to be available for private use for full days during the FBT year.

A vehicle is taken to be available for private use if:

•    the vehicle is kept at or near your (or an associate’s) place of residence; or

•    you (or an associate) have custody or control of the car while it is away from any business premises and are not performing employment duties.

The number of days not available for private use should be full days. For example, if you:

•    drive the car to work

•    leave it there with the keys in the office overnight

•    collect it the next day to drive home

then the car is taken to be available for private use for both of those days.

I acknowledge that:


Privacy Collection Notice: The Department of Finance (the Department) uses and discloses personal information collected in this form to facilitate the administration of the parliamentary business resources framework, and for employment purposes including to facilitate the management of your employment and for workforce planning purposes. The Department handles your personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988. Personal and sensitive information may be disclosed to your employing Parliamentarian or other third party entities relevant to your employment, for workforce planning purpose or for improving culture in Commonwealth Parliamentary workplaces, including, but not limited to, the Independent Parliamentary Expenses Authority (IPEA), the Department of Parliamentary Services, the Parliamentary Workplace Support Service (PWSS), or will be disclosed as otherwise authorised or required by law. Details of the related expenditure may be tabled in Parliament, published on the Department’s website, or provided to the Special Minister of State, IPEA, or publicly, as authorised by law. More information is available at