- On 1 August 2018, JLT Assure replaces Benestar (previously known as DTC) as the Employee Assistance Program (EAP) provider for Members of Parliament (Staff) Act 1984 (MOP(S) Act) employees.
- MOP(S) Act employees and their immediate family and/or household members are entitled to access the EAP.
- The EAP provides a free, independent counselling service and can be accessed for either personal or work related issues.
- Accessing the EAP can now be done by contacting JLT Assure: Telephone: 1800 808 374
On 1 August 2018, JLT Assure commences as the contracted EAP provider for MOP(S) Act employees.
The EAP is an independent professional counselling service that provides MOP(S) Act employees and their immediate family and/or household members with assistance in dealing with work and life issues including:
- career development
- childcare and parenting issues
- drug and alcohol problems
- work related problems
- emotional wellbeing
All counselling services are voluntary.
Generally, all EAP counselling services are confidential. No identifying information is provided to Ministerial and Parliamentary Services, your employing Senator or Member or your colleagues unless you request it.
The exceptions to this are:
- with consent by the client
- where there is a risk to the safety of the client or others (as determined by the counsellor)
- to comply with statutory duties (for example mandatory reporting)
- to comply with a court order or subpoena
The professional counselling and assistance provided:
- actively supports employee health, well-being and productivity
- is short-term and practical
- is available at locations throughout Australia
- is available via e-counselling and/or Skype
- telephone counselling is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, by calling 1800 808 374
What if I am already seeing a Benestar (DTC) counsellor?
A transition period will extend to 1 October 2018 for employees who are already being supported by a Benestar (DTC) counsellor. This is to ensure as reasonably practicable those employees can finalise their case without any change in counsellor.
If you have any questions or queries about this transition, please contact MOPSWHS@finance.gov.au.
Ministerial and Parliamentary Services
31 July 2018
|* Advice and Support Directors||State and Territory||Contact Number|
|Donna Fiveash (A/g)||ACT, NSW||02 6215 3426|
|Daniel Collet (A/g)||QLD, WA||02 6215 1373|
|Deesiree Kaufline||NT, SA||02 6215 3640|
|Shane McGaughey||TAS, VIC||02 6215 3827|