Reporting bullying and harassment

Last updated
18 June 2024

Make a report

There are a number of options to formally report bullying and harassment, including to your employing parliamentarian, if appropriate. Other available channels are:

Parliamentary Workplace Support Service

You can contact PWSS by phoning 1800 PH PWSS (1800 747 977), by SMS to 0487 112 755, or by email to

The PWSS is an independent and confidential support and complaint service for everyone who works or volunteers in a Commonwealth Parliamentary workplace, who has been impacted by serious incidents or misconduct, or workplace conflict that amounts to a work health and safety risk.

You can contact the PWSS and speak directly to a Case Coordinator who will offer a number of services and support programs to help you through this difficult time. This includes providing you with relevant supports and information to mitigate the risk to yours and others safety in the workplace. The Case Coordinator will outline the resolution strategies available, including training and information to support you to continue to manage the situation.

HR Advice and Support

You can contact the HR Advice and Support team on 1800 747 977 (option 2) or email

The HR Advice and Support team can provide confidential advice on HR and other employment matters, and assist in a referral to PWSS if required.

The HR Advice and Support team’s focus is the health and safety of all involved. In line with best practice, the services the team provides are designed to improve the workplace environment.  The HR Advice and Support team will work with you and your workplace to provide relevant supports and information to mitigate any risk to your and others safety in the workplace, including through training. 

Fair Work Commission

You can also apply to the Fair Work Commission for an order to stop bullying. See the Fair Work Commission’s website on their process for managing application orders.

Australian Human Rights Commission (AHRC)

You can contact the AHRC to lodge a complaint regarding discrimination or breaches of human rights. See the AHRC website on their process for dealing with complaints.


You can report bullying and harassment directly to Comcare.

After body