What can I do if I am being bullied or harassed at work?

Last updated
28 June 2021

Incidents of bullying, harassment and sexual harassment reported to MaPS will be handled in line with the workplace bullying and harassment policy (see related resources).

MaPS has trained Case Managers in the HR Advice and Support team who can offer specific and tailored support, and advice on the management of workplace grievances and complaints mechanisms. They can also be assigned to support you through the process.

You can access support through the Employee Assistance Program (EAP), or other support mechanisms including the Parliamentary Support Line 1800 APH SPT and Staff Assistance Officers.

After body

Make a report

There are a number of options to formally report bullying and harassment. You also have the option to report the incident through multiple channels:

  • your employing parliamentarian, if appropriate
  • Finance through the HR Advice and Support team on 02 6215 3333.

HR Advice and Support

You can contact the HR Advice and Support team on 02 6215 3333 or email MOPSsupport@finance.gov.au.

Your complaint will be escalated directly to a Case Manager who will offer a number of services and support programs to help you through this difficult time. This includes providing you with relevant supports and information to mitigate the risk to yours and others safety in the workplace. The Case Manager will outline the resolution strategies available, including training and information to support you to continue to manage the situation.

Our focus is the health and safety of all involved. In line with best practice, the services MaPS provides are designed to improve the workplace environment. 

Serious non-compliance with workplace legislation (such as the Work Health and Safety Act 2011) will be referred to the appropriate regulator. 

Fair Work Commission

You can also apply to the Fair Work Commission for an order to stop bullying. See the Fair Work Commission’s website on their process for managing application orders.

Australian Human Rights Commission (AHRC)

You can contact the AHRC to lodge a complaint regarding discrimination or breaches of human rights. See the AHRC website on their process for dealing with complaints.


You can report bullying and harassment directly to Comcare.