The Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is a work-based intervention program which aims to enhance the emotional, mental and general psychological wellbeing of MOP(S) Act employees and their immediate family and household members.
The EAP can be accessed to assist you with work and personal issues including:
MOP(S) Act employees and their family/household members can access up to three free counselling sessions per issue. You are allowed up to two issues in a 12-month period.
If additional counselling is required, the provider will seek agreement from MaPS to continue the free service.
The EAP also provides a Manager Support Program that can help you manage your team effectively and discuss complex challenges including:
- mental health of people in your team
- performance based conversations
- managing conflict
- supporting people through change and critical incidents
All EAP services are confidential, with the following exceptions:
- consent by the client
- where there is a risk to the safety of the client, or others
- comply with statutory duties (e.g. mandatory reporting)
- comply with a court order or subpoena.